1. Your grandmother tells you she’s going to buy Groupon’s IPO, because it sounds like a great deal, and she loves their daily deals.
2. When you run into entrepreneurs who tell you they’re into startup so they can “party like Mark Zuckerberg”
3. Your cousin, who majored in philosophy, tells you they just got hired as Director of Technology at a startup.
4. Service providers again start working for equity only stakes in startups.
5. Every actor/actress/producer in Hollywood tells you they have optioned a deal to produce an original web series for a newly funded startup.
6. You just got your third invitation this week for a private party headlined by a formerly hot 1990′s music artist.
7. Everyone you know is investing in LinkedIn, because they love and use the service–but have no idea what the firm’s financials look like.
8. Random people you barely known keep hitting you up for contacts, because they want to get hired by Facebook/Zynga/etc.
9. You just got pitched by a firm doing “social media games meets daily deals meets next generation social networking meets social collaboration in a whole new paradigm”
10. Foosball tables appear to have made a comeback in local offices of startups.